Yeah, I am still on a recipe kick. Here is a unique one for you to try.
- 1 LB squid (frozen is fine)
- ½ LB cooked hamburger or sausage
- 1 TBSP minced garlic or garlic pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1TBSP dried onion
- 1 cup cooked long grain brown rice
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- 1 jar marina or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and remove the tentacles, outer skin, and the spine from the squid. Rinse the squid and carefully pat dry. Crumble hamburger or sausage and mix with tomato, onion, garlic, rice, and olive oil. With a small spoon, scoop the mixture into the opening of the squid. Place squid in a baking pan, top with marinara sauce and shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until tender.
I have served this to friends and not told them what they were eating and they loved it. It was once they realized it was squid, they weren’t too sure. Anyhow, give it a try, it’s an interesting recipe and tastes great.